Big enough to matter, small enough to care
Established in 1918, Geoghegans is one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of chartered accountants. We are based in Edinburgh and have 4 partners and 60 staff. We provide a range of services to organisations in a number of different sectors.
Commitment and passion
The development and growth of our firm has been built on the success of our clients. Everyone at Geoghegans shares the ambition to continually develop and improve on what we do and how we do it. In today’s fast-changing environment, this approach is essential in ensuring that we deliver and maintain a high-quality year-round service to all of our clients.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a newly qualified accountant to join our friendly and supportive accounts department where you will be a valued and integral part of the team. You will be working on a varied portfolio of accounts clients. These clients are in a variety of sectors and range from limited companies to sole traders and partnerships.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of complex statutory accounts and advisory work
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Assisting clients and managers with queries
- Coaching and supporting junior staff members
- Managing your workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Be a qualified CA/ACCA with an appropriate level of practical experience
- Have excellent technical knowledge and demonstrate a proactive approach to learning and coaching
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have a strong work ethic and a willingness to take ownership of their work
- Be flexible in attitude and approach to their work
- Be a team player and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues
- Experience of CCH, Xero, Sage and other cloud systems
Successful candidates can expect:
- A supportive and friendly workplace
- Continuous training and support
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working arrangements
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.