Charities & Education
The increasing demands of a highly regulated sector coupled with the challenging economic climate require exactly the kind of specialist knowledge and focused approach that Geoghegans has developed in over 25 years experience of specialising in the Charities and Education sectors.
We advise a variety of new and established charities and educational establishments ranging in terms of their size, legal structure and the nature of their activities. In terms of the Charities, our client base varies from small grant-making charitable trusts through to national organisations with extensive branch networks. Geoghegans is a member of The Scottish Charity Finance Group and the Association of Charity Independent Examiners. In relation to Education, we work with a number of leading independent schools, as well as a variety of charities working in the education sector.
Whether it is the provision of accounting services, complex VAT advice or internal control reviews promoting strong levels of financial governance, organisations working with Geoghegans specialist unit benefit from our ability to provide pro-active and intuitive advice.
Our services include:
- Audit and examination services
- Statutory accounts, management accounts and payroll
- Risk management reviews
- Advice on accounting systems, financial and internal controls reviews, reserves and the use of trading subsidiaries
- SORP/FRS compliance
- Assisting with OSCR enquiries
- Governance, including Trustee recruitment and training
- Charity taxation advice including gift aid
- Advising or setting up a charity or social fundraiser
- Assisting with grant claims and economic incentives
- Mergers or dissolution of organisations
Contact Mike Crerar or Paul Marshall for more information on how we can help.